The New River leadership desires, in accordance with our church bylaws, to form a Pastor Search Team. The direction and future of New River will be shaped by the next senior pastor; therefore, this team, and who serves on it, is the most important part of the search. The search team is a tool in God's process of bringing the next senior pastor to our church, and operates in an advisory capacity to the board of directors.
On behalf of the entire church body, this team will prayerfully, and with full diligence, consider many candidates. Under God's guidance, the team will discover the person who God is preparing to lead New River in the future. As such, the people on it should understand Scripture well – how to “rightly handle the word of truth” (2 Tim 2:15) so it will prioritize what Scripture prioritizes in looking for a senior pastor. The most important criteria for the people on this team to meet are the abilities to:
- Keep Christ at the center of this effort, in accordance with Biblical standards
- Not be distracted by human agenda, including avoidance of gossip and negative talk
- Keep broad enough perspective to see beyond personal preferences and needs
To be considered for the team, you must:
1) be a New River member
2) be a person of prayer
3) faithfully attend and tithe to the church
4) faithfully and actively serve in a New River ministry
If you want to be considered for this team, or recommend someone else, here is what you need to do: first, pray and make sure God wants you to do it. If He gives the green light, then email your campus pastor with your name or the name of the person you are recommending.
Good To Know:
Serving on this team will require a serious commitment of time and effort. Recommendations will close on May 7th, at midnight, and not everyone recommended can be selected. Campus pastors will only consider committed members of New River, and before making any selection will pray over every name submitted. The process is:
- Every person recommended will be evaluated following the preceding criteria.
- The full list will be narrowed down into a short list, and a questionnaire will be sent to everyone on the short list.
- The short list, with their questionnaire responses, will be given to the board of directors. The board will then select the Pastor Search Team, and the tentative date for announcing the team is May 21st.
You are an important part of the process of selecting our next Senior Pastor. Be faithful to pray God will make it clear the names of those who need to serve on the Pastor Search Team.
To recommend people from your campus, please email: